Saudi Data Infographic

October 13, 2022

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has established the National Data Management Office (NDMO) within the Saudi Data & AI Authority (SDAIA) to define how data should be used effectively and impartially within the kingdom. The NDMO mission statement refers to data as the new oil.

The YDC team used publicly-available information to quantify the financial value of data for the largest companies in the KSA.

The Aggregate Data Value for KSA is at least SAR 467 Billion, or 4.8 Percent of Corporate Value and 14.9 Percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). These numbers are based on a YDC analysis of a sample of publicly-traded companies that account for more than 88 percent of the market capitalization of the Saudi Stock Exchange Tadawul.

Based on a population of 35.3 million, the Per Capita Data Value is SAR 13,223. Approximately 63 percent of the Per Capita Data Value flows from hydrocarbons with the remaining 37 percent flowing from non-hydrocarbon businesses. The hydrocarbon data value essentially flows from Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Aramco).

A list of the companies in the data valuation is shown below:

Al Rajhi Banking and Investment Corporation

Alinma Bank

Almarai Company

Arab National Bank

Bank Albilad

Banque Saudi Fransi

Riyad Bank

SABIC Agri-Nutrients Company

Saudi Arabian Oil Company

Saudi Basic Industries Corporation

Saudi Electricity

Saudi Telecom Company

The Saudi British Bank

The Saudi National Bank

The DMI ™ Index is the ratio of data value to corporate value of GDP. A higher DMI Index is generally preferable across companies and industries. By way of reference, internet companies have a higher DMI Index because most of their enterprise value is derived from data. For example, Google’s DMI Index is 93 percent because it generates most of its revenues from advertising based on user interaction data.

For more information on this piece of analysis and others like it, visit

Other news

We use cookies to ensure we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site, we will assume you consent to our privacy policy.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies as described in our Privacy Policy