Position Type: Full Time / Contract Location: Remote with 25% travel
The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling activities for a SaaS platform. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates informative phone conversations with prospects and is highly self-motivated. You will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. Working independently, or as part of a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
• Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
• Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams • Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
• Cold call into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources
• Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
• Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
• Set appointments for the YourDataConnect sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
• Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a field sales rep
• Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences • Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
• Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Incumbent should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
• Fearlessness – willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day and explain YourDataConnect value proposition as it relates to each individual the SDR speaks with.
• An obsession with prospect happiness – set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
• The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
• Flexibility – things change around here. FAST. • The intellectual horsepower to become a guide on YourDataConnect offerings within a short span of time
• A deep understanding of email communication. Keeping the inbox at zero.
• 1-3 years of professional work experience
• BA / BS degree preferred